Interim Inc. recognizes the importance of Mental Wellness Month in January 2021, and is dedicating the month for promoting overall mental wellness.
Mental wellness is about how all aspects of your life — the social, emotional, physical, spiritual and intellectual — all come together for an overall state of well-being.
Here are some tips that can help everyone improve their mental wellness:
1. Develop a positive attitude — people with positive attitudes are happier, more successful, and better able to handle crises and stress. And in concert with a positive attitude, get an attitude of gratitude for what you have instead of dwelling on what you don’t.
2. Avoid negative self-talk — Learn to be thankful for the good rather than focusing on the negative issues.
4. Laugh — Humor is a great stress-reducer. Studies indicate laughter can make you healthier.
5. Exercise — Regular exercise increases energy and releases brain biochemicals to ward off depression and anxiety. Just a 15-minute walk a day will help keep body and soul together.
6. Improve your diet — During times of stress, you tend to skip meals or eat junk food. A diet rich in fruit, vegetables, and fiber will help you maintain the physical and mental stress you need to deal with the situation.
7. Get enough rest — sleep disturbances are common during stress.
8. Ask for help if you feel overwhelmed. Help can be just a phone call away.
For more information go to https://www.americanmentalwellness.org/ or to interiminc.org.
Interim, Inc. is a private nonprofit organization that provides a unique combination of support services, housing and treatment for adults with mental illness in Monterey County. Services provided include affordable supportive housing, residential treatment, mental health and dual-recovery services, case coordination, therapeutic services, outreach and intensive support for homeless adults, supported education and employment, day treatment and peer support.
P.O. Box 3222
Monterey, CA 93942
Marci Bracco Cain
The Buzz PR LLC